Monday, January 30, 2012

First impressions of the Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System

Hey guys!

I hope you're all doing well! Today was a pretty exhausting day at school and afterwards I even went to the gym so, all in all it was a very busy day for me. But I had fun working out and now I was chilling a bit thinking about what to do next and I stumbled across the idea of writing a new blog post. This time it's going to be a little review, rather first impressions post, of my new Clarisonic Mia which is a skin cleansing system that is supposed to give your skin a brighter, healthier look:
I do not own this picture!



First up, I really do own a pink Clarisonic Mia and to be honest, I love that color on my cleanser.

Now, I received my Clarisonic three days ago; It came with a magnetic charger and a travel-sized skin cleanser (I haven't used the cleanser yet so I can't tell you anything about it). I started using my new Mia right after I unpacked it. I really liked the sturdiness and the way it felt in my hands. What I want to say by that is that it didn't feel cheap or anything alike. It really did feel like a high-quality product. Which is obviously what you expect when you're paying about 120€ or $150 for a skin cleansing system. So, I pressed the grayish button and the cleanser started its sonic cleansing vibes. At first I was a little sceptical because the brush wouldn't rotate. Because until then, only a rotating brush symbolized cleansing/cleaning to me, just like an electrical toothbrush. Anyways, the brush didn't start rotating, but oscillating. It seemed weird at first and after a few seconds my face started oscillating, too. At least it felt like that. Not in a bad way at all. Really comfortably.
I didn't use the cleansing gel that comes with the Mia because I haven't heard good things about it and I had a freshly opened bottle of my Dr. Grandel cleansing foam so I used that one with my Mia.
Okay, so after the cleanser stopped oscillating/vibrating after an exact minute my face felt completely clean. I loved it! The only downside was that my skin also felt a little dry but I think this is just because of my cleansing foam that acts quite rough. I put some moisturizer onto my face and I really have to admit, my face never felt that fresh, clean and healthy before! I really am looking forward to be using the Mia every morning and evening since I got it. Of course it's only three days til now when I first used it but I can definitely tell that my pink Mia has become a lover of mine. The fact that you have to charge after having used it 20 times doesn't bother me. The only thing that I do not like is that the charging will take 24 hours then. They could have done better with that! The fact that you will need an adapter to being able to use it, in my case in Germany or elsewhere (except for the US, obviously), may be an issue for some of you, not for me.

Again, these are my 100% honest first impressions on the Clarisonic Mia Sonic Skin Cleansing System. I will do an updated post after about a month from today. Also, I wasn't sent this product, I paid for it with my own money.

I hope you found this post helpful! If you have any questions regarding the Mia or anything else, feel free to leave a comment below.:)

No comments: